Friday, January 25, 2013

Ma life

Hey guys, so here's just some stuff that I've enjoyed, thought were stupid or is just generally great news.

So first, I dunno if Jon, Smaz or Maxim (or anyone else here) has heard about this site called 'reddit' but it has this subreddit called r/nosleep that I've gotten pretty into. Especially this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4968140/bloodworth.html What that is is all of the stories in this 'series' by this guy called Bloodworth. They're all pretty good, kinda interconnected (so I would highly recommend reading them in order) and for the legit series (the second set of stories), he even gives you background music to make it more eerie. Pretty much it's dope! I'd recommend just checking out the subreddit because there are a fair few really well written, enthralling short stories on there.

Secondly, I've gotten quite into Bloc Party recently (cause their music is just really good and chill and it's nice to have a change of pace sometimes from Childish Gambino and Kendrick Lamar and stuff). So anyway, I'm just listening to their stuff on youtube and I see comment say:
"I hate it how people automatically think that the guy might like men because theres a mention of several pairs of trousers and a tie.
I have a firm belief that this song is directed at anyone who's ever longed for someone, felt love or simply didnt kiss the person and their chance is gone.
Its an extraordinary piece of music.
End of story."
And "even if he did write it about two guys doesn't mean he's gay or was or bi or what ever,. You can write a song about what ever you want."
And yeah, I get that it doesn't mean that the song can't be for anyone and stuff but he wrote it about a dude cause he's gay (he came out to "Butt's Magazine" in March 2010) so it seems stupid that they're getting annoyed at people for assuming he's gay, when he is. It's like they're trying to be politically correct when there isn't anything to really correct. I mean, maybe I've misread/misunderstood what they were trying to say, but that how I see it and I think it's silly that they're getting annoyed over it, which in turn is making me confused/ annoyed and so the vicious cycle continues.

And for the last bit of news, it is now less than a week until my birthday (which is pretty cool), yet I don't really know what I'm going to do. So if anyone has any ideas, for either chilling out on my actual Birthday or for my party then let me know!                 
Laters.

1 comment:

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

yu shud hav a masquerade ball ohohohoho or like just a dance party, dinner ya kno, the usual. it your berfday tho so u shud do somthin crayy