Thursday, January 22, 2015

Eating

I haven't made a post here for literally centuries so I figured its about time I gave this place some activity of my own.

Basically while I love food and stuff, the prospect of having to prepare it every single day for the rest of my life whilst also ensuring the food I eat isn't slowly killing me just sounds exhausting. Like, if I had the option to be able to survive without food but having to give up being able to eat at all in the process, I'd jump on that opportunity straight away. Sure eating food is nice and fulfilling and all, but it's also such a hassle.

So anyway, there's this new product called Soylent, which is basically just a sludge that's supposed to have all of your nutritional requirements sorted out for you. I'm seriously tempted to try it, even if only for a week or something, and see what living life off of just a basic "human fuel" is like. Who knows, if I end up liking it, when I get a stable income I might just become a member and live off that.


3 comments:

Hoggle said...

I've heard about that, they did a piece on The Feed. From what I remember though soylent was only available in the US, but there were a variety of options you could get here.

Personally I find the whole thing rather boring, like I understand the appeal but cooking in general, while it does take time, it's something I enjoy doing.

Recently, I've been trying to look through and find new recipes because I do find eating and preparing the same thing constantly kinda dull, (a problem I have with soylent is it's sameness, however bland) and so many things are online now, it's pretty easy to find something I don't mind taking the time to make.

It's a good idea generally, food supplements, a great way to feed people efficiently only needing water with a smaller impact on the environment, but personally, I just couldn't do it constantly.

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

the sensation of taste gives me unimaginable pleasure and inspiration in my life i would never give up our fancy human feed for plain efficient fuel.

my life is so based on emotions that even the sense of taste holds such importance to my wellbeing.

i watched a vid on soylent when it was first thought up tho. how amazing humans are in the ways they can simplify their lives to focus energy on other areas of life. eventho feeding is our most basic and natural need that throughout centuries has functioned to facilitate social interactions.

new products for new times and purposes. wow humans.

Kerorororo said...

I'm actually so down for this product. Like I could live of it and then once or twice a week actually have a good meal. I mean just living the study space or my studio to go out and buy and then eat food is so time consuming. I waste like a good one or two hours doing that everyday and if I could save those hours, that's an extra hour to sleep or work.

Seriously though I've gone like 2 days with nothing but 2 cups of ice cappuccino and this sounds a hella better then that.

I usually eat one really shitty meal a day unless I eat with friends anyway.