Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hey so it's 2014

Christmas and New Year are passed now, and it's 2014.

I do apologise for any weird spaces in this post, my enter key is still not working, so I have to basically copy spacing from other places, it's irritating.

This is a bit philosophical. That tends to happen. I kinda like it. I'm not trying to be profound or fake it, I just think like this literally all the time, and I get the feeling that people sometimes think I'm trying to be super philosophical to be profound or sound important but I speak to myself in my own head like this, it's just how I think.

Anyway, 2013 wasn't the best but hey, you all knew that, and I'm going to focus on the positives because that's what I'm taking away from 2013. 2012 taught me that being happy is really important, like more important than I ever thought possible, and 2013 taught me that you know it might be terrible but you can still laugh. You can still laugh when you are terrified or angry or even a bit sad and that seems like a weird thing. I guess it's a way of dealing with things.

So 2014 is a year for being ok. 2014 is my year for moving on and going, this is ok, I can do this and accepting that while it's not all 100% right, it's going to be ok. I have some things I need to work through and I'm going to do that. I am going to go to Uni. I am going to deal with some social anxiety. I am going to be ok.

And I am aware this isn't terribly positive or super exciting or lets kick the New Year in the nuts and take victorious spoils from it's bag. It sounds a lot like a re-assurance, like I'm sitting in the corner holding some sort of blanket, saying it's going to be ok after a trauma of a year, and I would be lieing if I said this wasn't partly. But it's also me standing up after that and going, "I'm fine, it's cool", because even though it's not quite there yet, it will be.

Finally I would like to say thank you, to all of you, for being there for me this year. I know it can't have been easy as I put myself through a bucketload of anxiety, that may have made it worse. I am sorry that you have had to deal with this. But you guys have truly been my saviours in all senses of the word, and I think I would be hard-pressed to find better people, at least for me. I adore each and every one of you and while being friends is never the most easy task, you make it, the best part of my life. The last part of this year was almost the worst part of my life so far and you guys made that bearable and I thank you and love you from the bottom of my heart. I look forward to spending another year with you, because being with you guys is always better than just ok.

In true our friend fashion, see you all in 2014 cunts.

1 comment:

ru kero said...

Hey you deserve the happiness in the world so you gonna do everything you can to get it and you will.

Once you reach that point in your life where you dub it 'the worst part' you know there aint anywhere else to go but up. so reach for that rainbow and look down on it as you play with the stars.

and just know that everyone whos been through it all with you the past year will be here for the years ahead.

I miss you more then you know and we'll make 2014 what it is and what we know it can be. Keep on keepin on and run with all you energy.

Sending all my love to you