Sunday, October 4, 2015

Procrastinating ft people opening up

Hey nakama.
So, recently, I've come across a few experiences of people opening up and talking about deep feels they have within them. And I mean specifically from people I don't know very well. So obviously I won't name them but some of the stories are pretty intense, I'm going to use this example so you know what I mean

Basically, this person, I'll call them Eight, was talking about being young and finding themselves.
So Eight is a dude of asian background. And his story is about when he was younger, he fell in love with a girl. We'll call her Nine. Their relationship was easy and natural and he super was deep into it.
Unfortunately, due to the class system that exists in the asian clan structure (im sorry i dont mean that but you know what I mean), the girl was taken from him and even returned to her original country, arranged to marry another man of the 'right' class.

Eight spent the next 8 years of his life just working and partying, but he did not see or experience anyone else. Meanwhile, Nine and husband were raising a baby girl. Nine and Eight were still in contact, although they were very distant

He then met another woman, who was also of his class and 3/4 of his race. They fell in love and got married. I'll call her Ten. One day, Nine contacts Eight. She has news for him, news that she had known all along. The girl she had been raising, who was eight years old then, actually belonged to him. He had a daughter in a different country, who he had never met, who was not revealed to be his until eight years later.  Since then he has met his daughter a few times, only to be introduced as Nine's old friend from school and addressed as 'uncle'.

Eight now has 2 other children with his present wife, She is uncomfortable with Nine, because of her past relationship with Eight. Neither she nor the children know of Eight's daughter with Nine. And apparently Nine's husband doesn't know that he is raising a child that is not biologically his. Eight says that only his mom and Nine knows, and now I know. In fact im unsure if i should even be posting this. But Eight didnt make me promise not to tell anyone.

He is afraid that if he exposes the truth that his current wife will not understand, that it will affect his other children, that Nine's family will disown her for bearing the child of a 'lower class' status. and how Nine's husband would respond. So I don't understand how the 'new' husband hasnt figured it out, i'm assuming he wouldve thought the pregnancy was shorter than normal. But Eight says that apparently his genes arnt too strong and I guess they're all asian..?? (sorry political incorrectness)

Anyway, the daughter is 19 now and Eight says he misses her terribly and is struggling with living a lie. he also misses Nine and he feels guilty keeping a secret from them but he couldnt help not knowing about his daughter until he was in another relationship. The truth will probably come out soon. He says that he has a feeling that his daughter has an idea that she is his

Anyway, I've met Eight around 3 times and had like 2 proper conversations with him... like what an intense thing to express to a stranger. To be completely honest, I feel like maybe I'm not the only one he has opened up to, and I'm learning a lot about people and what they say and what to believe. This is following another person telling me about his deep feels regarding a love interest and saying that i cant tell anyone.
but i later found out that everybody knows. Like is that a thing people do? like make you feel 'special' by telling you a 'secret' to establish a bond? Obviously not all cases are the same, but this has happened a couple of times

And when you read stuff like 'Humans of New York' and learn about super personal stuff of strangers. Like people just open up so easily when they have the avenue to. Maybe its not knowing so much about a person that allows us to open up. Its not having the burden of always seeing them or thinking too much about what they think of us, because so far they dont know anything about us.

And I can relate to this i suppose. Like when you know more of someone that makes you trust them less. A its easy to tell strangers stuff you meet on a one-off cause it doesnt really come back to haunt you. Its so strange that we have thoughts about us that hurt us when they leave our heads, or get in the wrong hands.There are definitely occasions where I would take back what I've told someone, had I known them like I do now. To take back the information I've shared. and not because they have released it or anything, just because of my changed perception of them. Like now I don't think they can understand what I meant at that time and are now misinterpreting it. Or also in a sense that I feel that they're not worthy of possessing my information.


No comments: