Friday, October 25, 2013

FRIENDS FOR DINNER

SO GUYS

I JUST CAME BACK

FROM ONE OF THE FUCKING BEST CONCERTS IVE EVER BEEN TOO. I JUST> FUCK. IT WAS REALLY AMAZING EVEN THOUGH I LOST MY FRIENDS AND I GOT DITCHED BY LIKE 3 PEOPLE BUT IN THE END ONE DECIDED TO COME.

SO FIRSTLY, ok i'll stop the caps. so firstly, the supporting bands were called CASUAL SEX and FRANKIE ROSE. Both are good but FRANKIE ROSE is really fucking awesome. and as a person she was like kdjasljdkasjlasd. The quote of the night for Casual Sex was when the drummer was all 'Sam, sam, sam, where is your lipstick sam?' and The lead singer (Sam I believe) was all 'You're right, I forgot to put my lipstick on, I must be looking really silly without it' anyway it was hilarious because perceived notions for gender roles etc etc. And Frankie rose kept being all 'I LOVE MY BAND THEY MAKE ME HAPPY THANK YOU BAND' and it was super cool.

For some reason when I bought band merchandise, there were a lot of shirts but I got two similar ones (what's wrong with me) and they were like 25 bucks each so i was thinking one time i spent that much in total on a green day shirt so instead i bought two shirts.
   
















Oh, and after Frankie rose played, she threw the set list into the audience and it landed on my face. It's that paper plate thing in the picture. after the show i had a chat with her and she wrote on the plate 'sorry I hit your face' and signed it. She also proceeded to give me a patch for her band which i thought was pretty neat.
















and then franz ferdinand played and it was fucking awesome cause the entire time everything was super theatrical and they played songs from all their albums but mainly the new one, like the right thoughts right words right action one but they ended with Michael and darts of pleasure but they didnt play any like 'special songs' or like songs there arent on the album or like random covers but it was freakin coolio. Also I was like behind 5 people first (in the 6th row) but these people around me were so rowdy and kept trying to mosh up an be crazy, it was a perfect oppurtunity to move onward towards the front cause they freaked people out so much other people got pushed to the side while i got pushed to the front. There was like a mad washing machine style mosh behind me too but i for some reason brought my vintage camera with me so I couldn't participate in the mosh cause that did be tooo dangerous for my 60 year old lens (or something).

















also at the end alex kapranos(Lead singer) and paul thomson (drummer) came to where the merchandise was and i was like gasp and people swarmed like crazy and i was trying to get to paul but i couldnt (paul is my favourite) also now looking back at this picture, see that guy on the right side, I was talking to him for a bit but i didnt realize that i had accidentally taken a picture of him. I;m wearing a FF thing cause im cool like that and him and his homie lived near where I live so when we were in the subway he was all, hey Franz Ferdinand and what not and we were just talking about the concert which was pre chill. He was one of those lucky bastards to get a plectrum which I fought for but sadly lost as my fingers were too girl and smooth to hold on to the pick in the fight to the death. Oh yea alex kapranos is that dude near to the right side of the picture pointing to the other dude.

Oh and this really awesome thing happened too when Nicholas Mccarthy (lead guitarist) jumped into the audience with his guitar and people rushed to go and touch him and they left the front so I got to the front which was freakin ace cause at the end of the concert he was like shaking peoples hands from the audience and i shook his hand and like wow what a great concert its was.

anyway, thank you for reading if you came this far. I was really happy cause I was feeling sort of shitty when everyone last minute bailed on me and i would have probably been cool to go alone anyway since I got seperated from my friend for like 80% of the time.


 also my feet's kinda fucked up

3 comments:

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

im goig to get the white version of the hand one and the eye ball one

also the ff concert here is at the metro so i hope it'll be as intimate as that and i at least get to touch one of them

Xedalenar said...

hahaha landed on your face that would only happen to ru

Șмž said...

thats so cool man
you've got autographed shit from 2 FF support acts now