Sunday, July 4, 2010

Guns in my hotel
















So hey guys,
I am just going to talk about my holiday a bit now, cause I miss you guys and this makes me feel better, like a conversation.
So I left Sydney at 10am on wednesday. The flight wasn't great but I had my laptop so I watched a couple of episodes of Red Dwarf and How I Met Your Mother. My entertainment system wasnt working but China Air has like no movies so it was ok. It was pretty nice to leave 2 degrees behind. Anyway got to Shanghai at 6pm Shanghai time or 8pm Sydney time. The plane was late due to some thing in Sydney but it was ok, 10hrs and 30 mins is sorta a long time anyway. SO got to Shanghai and met Dad, he was a little pissed about waiting but it was nice. We got driven to the hotel in a company car of my Dad's. It was very nice but the drive into the city took like an hr and my Dad complained cause it should have been like 30 mins but oh well. Anyway got to the hotel and went and checked in and went to the room (It was like 12 sydney time) so I was pretty tired, but anyway we decided to go for dinner. I was meant to be all like, chinese food but I had a burger and it was so so so so so tasty. nom nom nom.
That night I slept in a king size bed next to my sister, there was a pillow in the middle; it was soo comfortable.
The next day we got up at like 9:30 and went to hve breakfast, it was buffet and they had pork buns and sushi and eggs and it was rly nice. After breakfast we took the car again to get to a place called Tianzifang, which was kind of like a lot of very expensive shops in a sort of old style houses with alleys around it. It was easy to get lost in but very expensive, so we didnt buy anything. We then went back t our driver who took us to the fabric market. It's basically an entire 9 storey building of tailors, like the ones in nam. I ordered a dress and 2 skirts cause yeh. I also got some pants remade for my mum. After ordering the clothes (pick up next sunday) we left the building and crossed the road to like a sort of market. It was really cheap and my sister bought 4 pairs of shoes, converse and some other types for $30. It was pretty awesome. I bought 2 bags and a wallet for $15 cause my feet are too big for the shoes. So we walked round there for a while then went to find a drinks place my dad had been to before. It took like 15 mins to find but they had water and iced tea and coconuts. Sat there for a bit and took some photos, it was sorta like tea house pagoda-y thing themed. We were there for about an hour but it got too hot and we were meant to go to the expo but it was 38 degrees and you had to queue for like 2 hrs. We decided to go back to the hotel and stay in the cold. Once in the hotel, my dad and sister went to have a swim. I had a shower and then lay on the bed and watched bones. It was nice, calming. That night we went outside the hotel to have dinner, we went to a place and no-one spoke english so we ordered off the pictures. Food was very nice and dirt cheap.
When we got back to the hotel, it was late but I missed you guys. I put some photos on my laptop of our photoshoots and trip to the airport and things and yum cha and they made me smile and feel so much better. I miss you guys so much.
Anyway Friday, we got up at like 7 to have breakfast and then went and took a car to go to the water city, , it was really fucking hot, 38 degrees and we went to see a chinese garden and it was pretty and we went on a boat tour. We left at 1:30 and went back to the hotel and had ice cream. We packed our bags as we had to leave early this morning to get a plane from Shanghai to Zurich. Our flight was at 9:05 in the morning so we had to be at the airport at 7:05. and so we had to get up at 6, which means I have now been awake for 20 hrs. Anyway our flight was delayed by an hr and 40 minutes which we spent sitting in our seats listening to our ipods. It was ok though cause we were only 10 minutes late into Zurich. Anyway I am now sitting in my Dad's apartment in Schaffhausen, which is north of zurich. I am so fucking exhausted, but to avoid jet lag I need to stay awake for another half an hour. It is currently 20:45 on the 03.07.10 so I am several hours behind you guys. Here are some photos I am going to go sleep.
Miss you all so so so much
Emily
xoxoxo

3 comments:

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

awww emily. that sounds soo much fun and your pictures are so pretty. i miss you and we should all go to shanghai and get cheap stuff yay!

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

hogg hogg hogg hogg we're missing you back here too and damn that looks sooo nice. hope continue to have fun in your holidays but i kinda want you to come back real soon. kakakakkakaka

Action Man said...

Wow hogg that was an effort to write! good to hear u're having fun !