Sunday, March 6, 2011

A rant, I guess.

So, it's been a while since I've been on a rant. So yeah.

Last night was alright, I guess. I wasn't happy about it but I got to see quite a few people who I haven't seen in a while and that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. I guess, for me that was the best part of the night. personally that is. I also learned*1 alot about my friends. Apparently I was called a downer (I'm not aware of the situation nor the context though) and I'm certain there were some who agreed, verbally or otherwise I don't really care, I'm okay with that. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, usually I wouldn't just take something like that laying down though, in this case I don't really care because I have the personal satisfaction of knowing otherwise. I'm 17 years old and at university doing Architectural Computing. I'm going to have a bachelor degree at the age of 21. When i graduate, if I want to follow that career path I can start a career earning $240,000. I'm going to be successful and I'm happy knowing that I have the motivation and the means to do so.

This part gets really ranty and loses the point alot of the time.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
We (Hui, Sammy T and I) were also ditched by that same person. after we had waited for them while they were talking to a complete stranger, which I didn't question nor pass judgment on, and while the rest of the group walked on ahead toward our extremely vague goal, which I didn't mind, it was a completely understandable thing to do, however when they finished talking we were asked where everyone is and after explaining that they went on ahead we offered to just catch up to the together (We were all going to catch up to the other group anyway) and then they ran away saying "I don't want to hang out with you guys" which was just generally rude and disheartening. I honestly don't understand how someone can't even stand to walk for 5 minutes with 3 people who they're apparently friends with after they've just displayed an act of friendship by doing the right thing while everyone else continued on. Whatever though.

Lately (It seems like every time I've been drinking with you guys) I've been called a hypocrite for views that I used to hold on drinking and I've just laughed along with it at the time because I don't want people to take my rebuttal as a sign of hostility and or as a retaliation. Honestly though I don't know what else I want to say in that kind of situation more than "People change, I'm no different."
It's the truth aswell, I have changed, I'm still changing and I'll continue to change. I'm different to what I was a year ago. I'm different to what I was a week ago. I'm different to what I'll be a year from now. I'm still me though and I'm intent on only changing for the better.


Ummm... I ran out of rant juice although I had ALOT more to say... so yeah.

*1: Should we (Australians) be using Learnt or Learned?

7 comments:

Hoggle said...

you should say learnt.

I don't know what the context of you being called "a downer" is. I wouldn't draw that connection with you in a million years. I am sorry if I excluded you last night, if I did. I didn't mean to at all.

It is great that you have that motivation. I have motivation too. *motivational hi-5* ?

Kida Misaomi said...

I knows who your talkin bout btw and yes, i have lost a certain amount of respect for that one.
I just want you to know that i dont think you should be a hypocrite due to the way you drank cause EVERYBODY has been against it at some point. and i mean like evrybody so you shunt be singled out.

Gucci Bandana said...

I completely agree with kida-kun, everyone was against all these practises before and now they're like, we cant have fun without it wooo lets be trashy. to be honest. im totally cool with that and i kinda support that and thinks its funny.

anyway, to state the obvious evrybody changes in many ways, we're all friends so who cares we can all change together :)

and fuck dat bitch cuz she be too drank to be in her mind. i aint know, she be real pissin me of at times. i guess its cos she aint see anybody else but herself. oh well, thats what drank does to some people

JD said...

@ Hogg, you were fine last night ahaha (Although understandibly stressed out from having to try and continuously organize everyone)
And yeah...
Hmm, I'm really confused about that... it all seems really contextual to me like "I've really learned a valuable lesson" sounds right but so does "Oh man, if I had learnt that sooner"

@Kida(?)
Yeah, I don't think the word hypocrite is being used correctly in those situations since they're basing it on what I used to believe in, not what I believe in now.

JD said...

@Gucci
Yeah, I also for a while had that mindset and I guess that's why I always held a negative view of drinking, because people always used it as an excuse to be trashy and do things they want to do but ordinarily would not.
I'm not going to drink like I have before, I was doing exactly that.
From now on I'm going to have fun in my own way. If I feel like getting trashed I will, if I feel like chilling I will. I'm not however going to drink because it's the only way to have fun.

Șмž said...

sounds like a lot of shit went down this weekend? obviously I didn't bear witness to much of this because we split up earlier (seven represent) but I think I can see who this is about...
dont let this shit break (already strained) friendships? losing friends is the worst
...or idk, I'm not actually involved, so ill just chime out now... cyas

ps: as someone who knows this kinda stuff: learnt is an archaism, too many of which are preserved in this language. learned is more correct and more fluid, learnt is a relic from sspeare's era.

Ryukie said...

@smaz: i aint know, but in my mind there arnt any strained friendships concerning me or most of the kids around us (i hope) but i just learnt that i prefer some people to not be intoxicated, das all.

@digitalism: Yeaaaah have fun your own way, that's the best thing to do :)