Tuesday, April 24, 2012

smaz's long adventure: part 4 - non starei scerzando se io dicessi che io possa cucinare (magari)

ok this post is gonna be divided into 3 equal parts for your convinience (it's a bit of a long post) but all within the same post.

PART 1: fuck the subjunctive mood, shit's only useful in the past tense.


PART 2: guys look at me I can cook
ok so anyway recently I've been a bit... well, fucked. There's nothing to do, my host parents are usually not there, I'm lonely and I waste all my time on the internet. Plus my hair is growing out so I'm losing self-confidence. (seriously, the two are linked) also I seriously had an anxiety attack today after school because I'm not sure how people percieve one of my new hoodies here.
but today I was all, "no smaz! fuck that! I'm gonna change shit up like I did before."
but I was too lazy to leave the house. so I decided to start doing things to better myself which don't include excercise. long story short I've decided I'm gonna play a lot more guitar, start meditating and start cooking.
cooking was something I've wanted to start doing for a while but recently I've been forced to because the host parents didn't prepare me things. which is great because I discovered, I really really like cooking. doesn't matter that I suck at it. so here I'm just gonna brag about some really good cooking I did tonight. It really sucks when there's almost nothing to work with, no onion or herbs or oven to work with, but I used what I could.
So anyway this is the ingredients, it's 2 eggs + milk in the bowl, 3 cooked meatballs which I fried, and fried wurstel / frankfurter

it's the meats all chopped up and shit, I bet this is gonna make some amazing omelette thing

lol nope I have no idea what I'm doing


and then I fucked up trying to flip it over too
c'est la vleugghhh (trust me that's the french pronounciation)

finito

oh hey it's me... note how I'm about to eat the food, that's important
it was pretty good
but mostly just meat

also the hair and the hoodie

so yeah, that's about it for photos, I mean I took a whole bunch of photos with me and the food because for some reason I am damn proud of it, but really I don't think you want to see me trying to duckface next to some shitty egg/meat thing

and after that I ate the most unsatisfying orange I have ever eaten. I mean seriously that thing was just... less than mediocre. I know I haven't eaten that many oranges in my life (only actually started since I've been here) but this was next-level mediocre. If you took all the mediocre oranges and made a village, that would not be the village idiot, because that would be too recognisable to describe how this orange was. that orange would be the one everybody always forgets exists. like, it's not unhappy or anything, and it has great friends, just a tendency to be overlooked. and this is out of a village of oranges who are ALL like this.
deep.

part 3: I've watched the entirety of book 1 of the last airbender across the span of yesterday + today
and man katara goes from 'ugh, I can't waterbend' to being a master in no time at all
what the hell, literally there's an episode about how she can't waterbend that well, then the next episode she's using her powers in combat proficiently

part 3 part 2: the End
ok miss you guys, Imma go
//smaz end

PS I made tiramisu the other day and its really easy actually

2 comments:

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

I don't think you want to see me trying to duckface next to some shitty egg/meat thing

see me trying to duckface next to some

/Omg

but doesnt it suck to have to clean up. I really like cooking but its the cleaning up that really gets me. also, that looks super delicious.

I think ill make a better omelette and post it. as like, a challenge or some shit. idekwidwmlam

AcionMan! said...

Haha, yeah.. the omlettes... that's the only thing I can cook and I've been feeding myself for like 2 months now.


And yeah, I highly recommend meditating. It really puts you in a clear state of mind, especially if all that you're doing is thinking constantly.