Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Few Things

Hey guys,
Just a few things I want to say:

First, Than you so much for making me an admin. It is flattering that I post so much on this blog. Ahh bit sad oh well. It's like my mum says quite often, we always have to be in contact. It's true really, I dont think I could deal with not even slightly communicating with any of you for 2 whole months. Ah gotta love the internet.

On that note I will move onto the second thing.
I think this year to replace author of the month, we should have a person of the month. Based on how they are doing in life and how much they have accomplished. Maybe even if they did something nice for a friend. I reckon it should be from the 15th to the 14th of a month. So as a start I vote in Lambert, as he is always nice and generally caring, lead by example, as the teachers always say, (bit annoying I think but it's true).

Finally, onto my holiday.

So I left Sydney at 7:30 pm on the 3rd of Jan. The weather was shit out of singapore so the plane we were meant to get on ran 40 minutes late, so yeh we were delayed but eventually we got on the plane to go to Singapore, for anyone interested it was a Boeing 777. Just saying. I didn't get to sleep but they had iCarly on the entertainment system and various other movies. I watched a couple of movies. PLayed pokemon, listened to music, the usual. We landed in Singapore at 2:50 am (australian time) or 11:50 pm (singapore time) and we were taken to a lounge in one of the big golf carts they have for airports. My sister was hungry so i went to the supermarket upstairs. They had Pocky and Hello Panda, which I bought. Was tasty.

SO we were in the lounge for a while then we went and got on the next plane. It was an A380, which was pretty cool, economy is still shit but there was some novelty as we got to sit on the upper deck. But you know, economy is economy. The flight was ok until about 3 hrs in when Sophie decided it would be a good time to have a tantrum cause she was tired. The hostesses were really helpful tho, they moved me downstairs for a few hours so my sister could have a sleep. There was a spare seat between me and the guy I was next to so luckily I could stretch out and i slept for 5 or so hours. I went back to my sister to have breakfast. It was pretty good.

Anyway we landed in Zurich at 7:00 am their time (5:00 pm Australian) and I was exhausted. We found Dad waiting for us and we went to his house in Schaffhausen. It was relaxing and pretty nice. Under floor heating and stuff. I sorta chilled for a while, watched youtube videos and just relaxed. But by around 4:30 I went to sleep and slept til 2 am when I woke up and couldnt get back to sleep.Wasn't such a big deal tho. THe next day we went shopping, I bought 2 pairs of jeans and a wallet. And my dad and sister bought stuff too. Then we went into my dad's swiss office to help him photocopy his tax stuff. It took like 2 hrs and Sophie fell asleep on the floor. I helped Dad. We came home and put Sophie to bed and had dinner, shortly after I went to bed. The next day, my dad and sister went back to his work to do more photocopying but I stayed home and did 3 unit maths work, it was boring. In the evening we watched comedy and relaxed. Friday (yesterday) was a good day. I got up round 9, had a shower got my skiing stuff ready then went to Zurich to see Brigitta, It was really awesome, we went to this roman fort thing, climbed a church tower, walked along the river, had coffee and cake in this elaborate but amazingly kitch coffee shop and went to her aunt's and uncle's house. It was really fun, we left round 4 so I could go shopping, we went to a Papeterie which is a stationary shop then to Manor (like Myer) and I bought headphones and a memory card. Pretty nice. Went home round 6, Dad picked me up from the train station. I got really moody, which wasn't great. We packed up, had dinner and went to bed but I got sick and at midnight got up and threw up which was gross. (sry for any details that are boring/gross) anyway I had a shower and went back to bed and today I was fine.
Brings me to today, we had to get up at 6:30 so we could get to the airport (Dad had to drop off a hire car) and then catch a train. We took 2 trains. The first went from Zurich to Visp. I wrote post cards for people and listened to music. The second train went from Visp to Zermatt (where we are staying). It's really famous, It's called the Matterhorn Gottard Bahn. There is a 14km tunnel in it going through the mountains. It was pretty from the train. We got to Zermatt at 12:30 and the hotel picked us up, There are no cars so they have these little carts like the onesd you see in airports but they are kinda like mini buses with a place for luggage, I will take a photo of one to post. Anyway, we arrived, unpacked and got skis then we hit the slopes. It was really cool. The Matterhorn is areally distinctive and we went to 2500m and thats not even the highest you can go. It was really pretty and nice.
 I am here for a week and will post again soon but now I got to go. I need a bath to relax.

Hoggy

6 comments:

AcionMan! said...

Yeah I like the idea of Person of the Month. After all, not all of our friends are on this blog, and most people on the blog don't post that much anyway so Person would be more ideal.

Also, I'm seriously jealous of the A380.

Hoggle said...

yeh thats what I thought, I mean author of the month is great and all but you know, some of our followers don't post much. or at all.

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

your wish is my command or rather since your an admin, you can do that yourself shishishishi!.

Awwwwww im so envious you got to hang out with brigitta that sounds sooooooo cool and awesome! I know what you mean by not being able to go away for two months without any contact with people.
miss you lots hogg!

Lambert said...

Congrats on becoming an admin! And thank-you for picking me, as i was reading that, i was thinking "but if it's a person of the month, then it's always going to be me because i'm always being nice to everyone (see above where I congratulate Emily as an example). I hop you and everyone else is having a good holiday and just as a fun fact, I have ridden on the Matterhorn, and I'm not sure how you're at it when your in Europe because it's in Anaheim, California!!! But yeah, congrats on being an admin.

Hoggle said...

Really christian, really? The Matterhorn is a famous mountain in Switzerland. It's like an icon. It's also on the toblerone packet

Anonymous said...

No christian the one your thinking of was named after the one in Switzerland. The one in Switzerland is like the 'real' Matterhorn.

PS: does this person of the month extend just to people who post on the blog or everyone in the world!!!!!!!!