Sunday, January 23, 2011

Yep..

So I'm having trouble sleeping in the early morning now.
And it's all thanks to a little something called jet lag.
Anyway I thought I would take some time to tell you why my family is insane.

So in the first part of my holidays away I was at my grandparents in Northern NSW. While we were there, my sister brought up the idea of pets and that she wanted chickens. And you know what, my mum said yes just like that. Now this may seem fine to you but you don't know my track record with animals. This may shock you and no animals were harmed but it's actually appalling. So in the period of 10 years I had mice then a bird then a rabbit then mice again then a cat. The rabbit was insane (like I'm not even kidding) and Shelley my cat ran away. But the others were because I didn't take care of them. And you know they went onto better homes.

Anyway so my mum said yes to my shock. Anyway we looked at chicken coops and it's being delivered thursday which means we had to go to a shop in Enfield (if you don't know where that is, it's near croydon and strathfield) anyway we went there and bought a chicken coop. While we were there, my sister spotted a grey bunny, which she asked my mum if she could have. Admittedly it's cute, but my mum said after the chickens were settled she would think about it. Now fair enough but while we were there we spotted some quails. Now my mum is obsessed with quails. They are one of her favourite animals. Anyway we ordered the chicken coop and left the place to come home. On the way we dropped into Bunnings, to buy wire mesh to stop foxes getting into the chickens, it's going to be dug into the groung. My weekend project next weekend. But while there we noticed a rabbit hutch, and under minimal convincing, my sister allowed my mum to buy it.

Now when we got home, I put the rabbit hutch together and put the plastic mesh on to stop foxes. Then my mum and sister decided they wanted to get the rabbit. So we trekked back to the pet shop and got the rabbit and now my mum is thinking of getting quails. So in a period of 2 months we will go from not even thinking of pets to having a bunny, 4 or 5 chickens, and maybe 5 or 6 quails. 12. What is wrong with my family? My mother is the most  anti-pet woman in the world. Hmm. Dream maybe?

Ah anyway. Gotta go.
Emily

5 comments:

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

Wow, your sister allowed your mom to buy a rabbit hutch? Thats awesome!

Anyhui, we should all go to your house and see all your animals! I Love chickens! kakakakaka

Hoggle said...

haha we don't get chickens til like next week and then quails like 2 weeks later. but yeh apparently it's cause they are outdoor animals.

Pi3manic said...

that sounds awesome! i wish my parents would be more impulsive

Șмž said...

thats awesome. we need to see them sometime

Hoggle said...

yeh it's odd for my mum to be impulsive. I swore I was dreaming for a while.