Tuesday, January 11, 2011

How you doin'?

Well hello there my friends, as you may or may not have realised, I have not posted in ages!!! so here I am. I don't think I've posted since before Christmas, so lets take a trip back down (my) memory lane...

For Christmas, my mum, sister and I, all drove up to the Gold Coast (it's about a 10 hour drive). but it was pretty fun, we stayed at my mum's friend's place for 2 days (at Port Macquarie) and then kept driving up to Sea World which was where we stayed. The Sea World Resort was nice and I took a really nice photo of the sunset on our first night (across the harbour from the 3rd floor). At the Gold Coast, we only really went to the theme parks but almost the whole time it was raining for so LONG and randomly too. Like, there'd be patches without rain where you'd let yourself hope that it had stopped for good, only for it to crush you under it's downpour. But it was still good fun because it was theme parks and my whole family on my mum's side (who are all pretty funny people. On Christmas there we all went to a buffet, where me (being the kind-a-guy who likes to try combinations of food) happily accepted the dare to try satay chicken skewers with peanut butter sauce, coated in vanilla ice-cream. Now I realise that this may taste disgusting, but as my cousin (the only other person to try it) said; "without the peanut butter sauce, these two foreign flavours would not be able to not just accept eachother, but embrace eachother and all of their differences." (that was paraphrased). So after a few days, we came home.

Once we got back, there was like two days till new years. NYE was pretty fun, I hung out with marlena, madisun, joel, josh, megan and alex. and after that some of us crashed at marlena's (such as I) and some at madison's.

Since then, I've done not a whole lot, I've hung out with a few people, read a book, watched/bought some movies (I still love Fired Up). I got an MRI i think it was two days ago, to see what was happening with my shoulder (you know the bump that I have) which was ridiculously expensive (a little over $500) which makes me worry about how much my leg lengthening is gonna cost since it's obvious that medical stuff costs a heap! I got some jeans yesterday (i dunno if i'll keep them or what) and I've really gotten into 'Jake and Amir' from College Humour and I've listened to some Lonely Island (also HILARIOUS) and some Kid Cudi (check out 'Erase Me', it's got McLovin/Red Mist and the main guy's friend from Kick A**) and some other bands too.So that's my Holidays so far.

Can everyone who isn't in Sydney or isn't gonna be in sydney either post seperately or comment when they are leaving/ getting back?

I hope everyone else is also having a great time and I'll see you all later!

5 comments:

JD said...

For the last time Lambert! It's not Peanut-Butter sauce!
It's Satay sauce which uses peanuts as a base.
Not Peanut Butter!

My captcha thingo is "downs"

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

Hey lambie, one of the lyrics on the top of the blog is from erase me kid cudi been there from like a month ago.
Im coming back when school starts and new years sounds like fun

Anonymous said...

Cool story bro!

Lambert said...

Yeah I'm sorry Joel, I can just never remember it.

Hoggle said...

Hahaha i have to agree with joel. I get back on the 19th or the 20th. Im not sure cause of the extensive travel time and the time difference.