Saturday, February 11, 2012

metaphors are a nice linguistic technique

theres a party tomorrow right

with
100€ worth of books at an average of €4 a book (700 pages)

because the price in australia is (like cigarettes) a ridiculous multiple of that, to buy the same amount of books there will be tomorrow at this party (which may or may not be carnivale I have no idea) would cost (assuming a standard novel is $38)

wait for it

$950 




so we do need to go travel around europe together at some point like I was saying

3 comments:

Hoggle said...

that does depend what books you buy. I would say I rarely buy a fiction book for more than $25. Non-fiction, granted, I will spend up to $40, however on a $25 average: it's $625. And if you purely buy penguin classics, at $10 each, that's only $250. Yes, still; more expensive, but I most of Europe, a book would cost about 10 - 15 euros.
Just saying.

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

oh good i thought it was kevin again

Lambert said...

Either I just don't understand Emily, or I don't understand the whole post. And does anyone know where Kevin came from?