Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It comes yet again to this.

So, (Sorry massively long post)
I was writing my Orwell speech about the destruction of truth in relation to politics and the english language etc. and it lead me to the often asked question "What relevance does this have to my life?" I looked at what Orwell had taught me, which is basically to not always take things at face value, and to examine where my beliefs and understandings of certain situations come from. This led me to 2 important things, religion and sex.
Firstly religion, I have many a time on this blog considered the reason I believe there is no god, quite firmly and it thoroughly infuriates me when people rattle on about God as the one true provider of a spiritual path etc. I feel I must first look at my parents. They were the first to tell me god does not exist and as a child, you accept what your parents have to say, for that is the way you act as children. This was my accepted view of it before I went to school, it wasn't really important as I was 5 or 6 and it didn't really seem relevant at the time. When I began school was my next experience with religion, the exceedingly boring chapel times I had to sit through every wednesday for an hour before lunch for 3 or 4 years gave me time to reflect on what was going on a around me. Like me, the children had been taught their parents beliefs and continued to follow blindly like I did myself. I do not deny being thoroughly in tow with my parent's ideologies. My next confusion came when I everyone seemed to pray and I didn't, everyone would put their heads down and it was a while before I realised that I was not the only one who refrained from the prayer. There were about 6 of us in a group of maybe 350 - 500 people. It was definitely a religious school. And to this day I can still recite the Lord's Prayer. I think my next experience was at 8 when I went on a father and daughter camp, it is one of the few times I can remember my dad being involved with my schooling. Something was a bit dodgy at the camp as I was taken off a list by some cruel girls and my dad had a migraine but it was ok eventually. I remember once while my dad was sleeping; I went to one of the religious things, it was like a talk; 12 of us in a room with a pastor-ish person. I remember asking a lot of questions about hell, and these being waved away like there was a lot in the bible about hell, but nothing he could tell me. To be honest this aroused any suspicions I had as to god. My next experience was probably in year 7 when I went to a religious camp, it was very fun actually and we went to a waterslide park and my friend was really sick, so she had to go home, but it was ok. It promoted treating others well and praying. Although I do not believe in a god granting wishes according to prayer, I do not wish ill harm on people and if I want to pray that someone gets better, generally as a hope and a gesture of kindness, not as something to a higher power, i feel that is ok.
The camp was actually good, despite my lack of religious beliefs, I did enjoy meeting people my own age and talking in english and we made a massive yellow submarine out of paper. There were several questions raised while I was there as to the nature of religion and I was unconvinced, probably partially the habit of dismissing religion and God, but I think also because of a logic factor that I have always kinda held onto strongly. Anway; that was basically my last experience of religion besides going to a communion, which was boring and a confirmation which was boring, but the celebration after was fun; big lunch. I guess it all amounts to experiences I have had. I still do consider religion, as I think about the concept of existence a lot, about the purpose of life, living in general I guess. I come to the conclusion generally that life is a mixture of experiences. And while the human race, despite our slightly large civilisation, galactically, we are a mere speck, maybe less than a spec in the universe. I wish often to be able to see the entirity of existence, all of time and the history and the end. I guess that seems like a daunting idea, but for me, I guess it is an answer to the questions of existence that linger in my mind, coming into the light only when I have finished my words with friends turns or angry birds is getting boring. I guess in that, there is a point to life. The following of a distraction that turns nothing into the most amazing thing.
I move now to sex and if you are bored, feel free to come back another time as this has taken me 25 minutes to write, and this will probably take at least another 5. This is something that has made me curious for I do not know what to think of it. Furries. From what I have gathered it is giving anthropomorphic characteristics to humans, like cats that can talk; people generally wear suits etc. Now, while the alternate sexualities are now generally accepted, I feel there will be a move toward acceptance of other subcultures, generally fetish based. While I personally am not a furry, I feel the need to accept people, even if they have a sexual preference towards something unorthodox and generally regarded in society as gross. Fetishes are a prime example, while almost all, I would not consider taking part in, I believe they require support and acceptance (I still have a problem with incest as that is actually scientifically proven to be very bad for genetics etc.) I have noticed though, while people are happy to accept alternate sexualities; people that have fetishes are often not regarded with the same respect and I feel that is appauling of our society. I guess when we are all old and wrinkled there will be times when I will probably think of new things to be stupid or socially inacceptable and I will think about the good old days with internet and our blog and our memories. I guess that is just life though and things I think are socially unacceptable, maybe like public masturbation or wearing no clothes when it is hot will be normal.I cannot really predict the future and 60 years is a long time; but I think the best part of our species is the ability we have to adapt or make other things adapt and I guess that is the thing. However in the words of maybe Orwell, maybe a random, "We are a product of our time" and that is the message of today I guess. Were I born to another set of parents, or in another time, this would never have happened so yay for achieving 1 in inconcievably large numbers in life as all of us have purely by existing and reading this and writing. All of it really.
Now I'm off to sleep. Night.

4 comments:

AcionMan! said...

Despite my absolute conviction in atheism, I still wear the Cross around my neck, and sometimes I do pray when shit gets tough. I pray to my God; he doesn't actually exist or change anything in our universe, but he gives people hope and is there as the father figure for anyone who knows they screwed up and wants to undo.

Șмž said...

furries are something much greater and much worse than like, giving animal properties to humans. It's more like giving human properties to animals. idc about whatever they like sexually, the thing is that the majority of furries out there are really pathetic in the way they act about who they are, like wearing fursuits in public, always pretending to be the victim, pretending there's gonna be some furry uprising... that is one of the few fetishes I will not ever support (along with kids and incest)

but yeah, coincidences everywhere in this bitch

Hoggle said...

that was how it was defined on various websites I looked at.

Jonny Boyz said...

like ive said before, God's a cool dude to talk to when the going gets tough, or you need help from SOMEBODY. especially seeing that person is supposedly all powerful (so he can help and shit)

and on the furries












animals get me off.