Monday, July 18, 2011

Butterbeer recipe!!

So as I was looking up Milkshakes and Ice Cream Sodas (Australians call them Spiders... it's so lol how we somehow managed to come up with that name) on Wikipedia (I just love them.. THEY'rE SO DELICIOUS. WHEN I'M RICH I'LL HAVE MY OWN MILKSHAKE FACTORY) I came across this and thought that we should make them (yes I know Ru and Hui have already had them but I really can't wait to go to America to try them)

Basically.. Butterbeer!



So the recipe is like this:

Start to finish: 1 hour (10 minutes active)

Servings: 4

Ingredients:
-1 cup light or dark brown sugar
-2 tablespoons water
-6 tablespoon butter
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
-3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
-1/2 teaspoon rum extract
-Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda

Method:
1.In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.

2.Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.

3.Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.

4.In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.

5.To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.




I also want to add like just a tiny bit of rum to mine if we make it... just a tiny amount to give it the "beerish" flavour (and in my mind anything "beer" sounds like it tastes alcoholic, even if just a bit like eggnog or those weird liquor chocolates you get)

2 comments:

Șмž said...

oh my god, this looks amazing...

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

It sounds like more diabetes for me
(✿ ♥‿♥)