Sunday, July 24, 2011

fuck physics

so im doing the prac report data manipulation within excel
and i understand the theory behind it pretty much perfectly now because ive done it so much in the last 3 days

but like, im pretty sure he did it wrong in the support document?
because I did the formula he used with the gradient he got from the final graph, and the result was like 0.58 not 1.10 that he claimed he got (on the last page)
I mean i probably got some of it wrong, I've done it 5 times with different results each time (fml)
but this was just literally using the formula he wrote on the support document with his results also on the support document (6.78) and none of my own factors and the result was not what he said it on the support document, so I'm confused as fuck right now
meaning the n he used had to be like, n=1.88 but that's fucking ridiculous, how did he get that? where the fuck do you find out the value of n?
EDIT:nvm, I just saw on the sheet the one part where he says 'n = 1.88')


anyone else doing physics wanna tell me what intercepts they got for the log diode current vs the diode voltage and whether or not for the final graph, you got a straight line for the actual data (not the trendline) (or let me see their graphs...) so that I can check the data/methodology as to whether I'm doing it right? pretty please? (you don't have to but I'd appreciate it immensely)

and I'm pretty sure I need to be studying other subjects right now as trials are in a week not wasting all my time on excel fucking with data that doesn't work...

1 comment:

Acctionman!!!! said...

for the log diode current vs he diode voltage the intercepts i got were 0.83 and 1.3. I got a straight line fo the actual data but then again im not sure if im doing ti right as well. Dam, im sooo confused... i think im going to fail physics...