Wednesday, December 16, 2009

So I have the "Reserved Seat" sign from Rod's chair...

... or James Matthison, whatever his name is. Me and Gary just kept out yelling "We love you Rod!" whenever he got on stage. And guess what it says? "Reserved Seat"

So last night was pretty awesome; I went to see the top 5 school-aged acts in Australia, 'cause my Dad's Best-man's step-children were in it. So natuarally, I supported them by default, but in all seriousness they were my favourite act and I would definitely pay to go and see them at a full-blown concert.
They were very hard-core sort of rock, not the "scream-into-the-mic-about-blood-and-guts" hardcore, more like AC/DC but a little more hardcore type hardcore.
There was also a band that sounded a lot like Taylor Swift w/ a Digeredoo, there was a solo guy with a guitar and harmonica, who, for lack of better artist to compare, sounded like James Blunt, there was also a Blink-182 act, who, whilst "good," had a very generic sound and were not even that musically gifted, and the was this cool Rock-orchestra type act with a piano, rock violin and drummer but the singer was a screamer and she sounded a lot like Melanie :D

And since it's gonna be broadcast on Channel V (I dunno when, but look out for "MySchoolAct" sometime 'cause me and Garry might be on it :D) Rod got us all to clap for the camera, first mildly, then a bit more intense, then at the top of our lungs like we had just witnessed the best thing on earth, all at nothing (looking back at it it's actually hilarious if you think about it :D).
Also, as it got all of its money from sponsors, every time he introduced the judges he said "Joe Bloggs from the good People at Nokia - Connecting People" or w/e, but it was cool 'cause that's how showbiz works. Plus there was this other band that didn't make it to the top 5 and they all had skinny pants on and long hair and they went up and danced to all the acts :D

But then, in the end, when they announced the winner, I secretly somehow knew it was gonna be Blink-182, since they were the worst and most average, then for some reason that makes them the most eligibable to win :\ They just didn't entertain me.. they even danced funny :\
What they won was a recording contract with Sony and a full-fledged video clip, but the father of the band I was supporting said he had seen the contract beforehand and said that it basically signed your soul away to Sony so they could tell you to do whatever they wanted to make you more marketable :\
So I guess that's good in a way, 'cause the band I liked (they're called Powerage, BTW) now has more say about any contracts they're gonna get, and they are already drawing interest (my dad said the drummer from the Hoodoo Gurus (???) wanted to be their manager, so in 10 years time when they're the best rock act on earht, I'll be making all their films for them :D)



(Oh, and I had a dream last night , that I was at the internet cafe with all my friends and we having an awesome time, when Miss Murphy came and started talking about the dangers of young activity and how video games are ruining our minds. WTF?! I can't even escape miss murphy in my SLEEP!)

2 comments:

Șмž said...

awesome... a record deal is still a record deal though, even if it is with sony...

but yeah, when they're famous and stuff during the making of one of their videos you have to secretly show them one of the songs of my current band at the time and so get me a record deal... yeah...

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

Ms Murphy?

well, i had a dream that we were all hanging on level three during recess time but we lost track of time and accidentally skipped class and mr patulny found out and made brigitta and i go to this class which taught us stuff that we were meant to learn in the class we missed. anyway, in that class, chelyne and josh were like seating on tables and made us close the door cause there were dogs and cats in the class room and they said that they were trying to create a 'catdog' (remember that sad kid show?) so they thought that soon enough the cats will breed with the dogs and create catdog. and then i woke up and was like, woah.. i remembered the entire dream.