Monday, May 14, 2012

People I quite like and kinda aspire to be: Alan Alda

So I feel like I am going to a short segment on people I kinda idolise. The first of these is the actor, Alan Alda.

He was born on January 28, 1936 in New York, so he is now 76.
His main career success was/is as the character Hawkeye Pierce is M*A*S*H.
And I guess I wanted to pay tribute to this man firstly because he played the character very well in the show but also for his work outside it.

Firstly, he has always been a supporter of feminism and women's rights which I find incredibly respectable. He is also interested in science and has presented programs on scientific research in the US and he produced a program about the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) at CERN, which is really kinda cool. I generally respect anyone who conveys science as something that is good.
Like it will change my opinion of someone if they are interested in Science, I guess because that's how I view people a bit, I mean if you are a nice person otherwise but don't have an interest in science that is cool too, but like if someone's a bit of a wanker, I will accept it more if I at least know they are slightly geeky or nerdy. Just saying.

Anyway, Alan Alda is pretty awesome, just cause he has had a really varied life and I like that he has more interests than just acting and such.

2 comments:

Jonny Boyz said...

Also he was the Republican Presidential Nominee.

Șмž said...

also his last name and his first name have 62.5% similiarity

but he seems like a pretty cool guy