Thursday, November 11, 2010

A comment and a goal

This was a comment but got too long.

Yeh Maxim, its all about getting motivated. I started my chem assignment yesterdey evening after being home since 5, at 8. it took me 6 hrs and a lot of effort. But it's only a draft so it can be corrected. Here is my tip.
When you come home from school. Take a break for an hour or even 2. Watch youtube, sleep. Don't do something that will take more than an hour. Then start your work. Set yourself maybe 3 questions or even 1 or 2. Do them and get them right if you can check. Basically, for every 10 minutes of work you do take a 5 minute break. I play comedy shows while I do my work. I guess I am just motivated to do work though. Surprisingly I have a good work ethic. Like I enjoy the work and I generally have enough that if I really don't feel like doing something I can do maths or something I enjoy and then go back. Playing music helps as well. Probably the main reason I try to do all my work is because I have a goal. I want to study aerospace and aeronautical engineering. It seems simple until you realise it has a UAI of 99.30. No kidding. It varies from uni to uni but it is 99. something. And god it is going to be hall difficult to get but you know what, I want to be that, it's a rocket scientist basically. I want to go to work everyday and know things about space and find connections and look at black holes and know how planes work. You know what, I may even want to go to Mars, or be the first Australian ever to go into space. I want all these things. With this degree I can be a mechanical, electrical, aeronautical or aeronautical space engineer, which is like a lot of possible jobs. It means I will be able to read satellites and do things. and you know what, I'd really like to work for NASA at some point. There are only about 230 places offered each year at only 1 university (Uni of Syd). I can do just Aerospace at like UNSW which only requires a ATAR or 91 or 92, and do a flexible first year. But my goal is to do Aeronautical Space.

But that is my motivation to work hard. You just need to find yours.

1 comment:

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

i really envious of you emily like you really know what you want to do. I wish i had a useful interest instead of just manga but you are right, motivation really makes a difference.