Wednesday, August 31, 2011

c-c-c-combo!!!

Aight ya'll, so this is basically going to be a combination of some thoughts i've had for a while but just want to express to everyone, mainly from ru and hui's last posts and the "what i want to do when i grow up post" ('cause I was to lazy to answer that then).

This is based off Ru's to do with looks:
As Childish Gambino just said over my speakers
"But I'm happy that that shit happened to me
Cause it taught me most important is to do me"
So first of all, i think that to a degree everyone has self esteem issues, but it's just a matter of what you do about it. in my case, it's obvious that i wanna have a 6-pack n stuff and consequently i'm regularly going to the gym and stuff so that i can. and it's cool. like, getting fitter (e.g. i can now beat jon in an arm wrestle and can easily run further than him and especially when i look back to myself before when i had a lot of trouble riding my bike over the ANZAC bridge whereas i can now easily do it is pretty awesome). I think that at least in my case, the sense of achievement that i feel at having an achievable goal is cool and when you actually realise that you are getting fitter and stuff, then it's cool to see the change.
So that loosely related to ru's things on aesthetics so here is something that is closer to her last two posts... I think its annoying when people hate how they look and stuff in photos, i mean everyone has bad photos. And especially when it's something like our group which i believe has no ugly people in it. Like there are heaps of bad photos of me but i accept that they're there and am like "all the crazy stuffs i did that night, those will be the best memories" or something like that. I mean i dressed horribly at Blackheath and as such there are heaps of bad photos of me but that was one of my favourite times of my life and i wouldn't change that and i had fun with the horrendousness and as such i think that they should try to too.
As related to her other post, it sucks that you didn't get the mark you wanted and that he plagiarised (from what you said as i haven't actually seen/remember the one from the year book). but (just trying to see it from both sides) as far as i know, he did put in a lot of work, so it's not like he totally didn't deserve the mark. But yeah, for mine i would have liked just a bit higher but the cards have been dealt and we just have to hope for the best and when I get my marks back, I'll be able to shout "BLACKJACK!!!" cause i did well (cause of the card thing above).
The CG quote relates to everything cause this post was about aesthetics and he's talking about working with what you get and making the best out of your situation.

Next point is related to hui's post.
Watching TV and stuff, I really hope that i can some day be rich (and hopefully famous) enough to have a really awesome life where i can travel heaps with my awesome family and while i'm still a bachelor i can have a super awesome chill life. I think i read somewhere in there about "chill" which reminds me of one of the things i want most from schoolies. This thing is to have a few super chill times. what i mean by this is like sitting on the beach for a while and just taking in the atmosphere and how awesome our lives are or the same thing but on the balcony or walking through the streets. Like recently i've been either riding my bike or walking between the two buildings at night between jon's house and gym or wherever else and (especially with cool music playing) i realise how privileged we are and how awesome technology and life is and it's just SUPER COOL and AWESOME!!! Now this doesn't mean i want to be a kill joy or anything, like i still wanna party and stuff but i also just really want to have these awesome memories which i think can be just as important (for reminiscing) as the group at a party or whatever. you get me?
And props to emily, that photo is pretty chill.

My final thing was my job when i am older/ what i want to do with my life (which was asked a while ago).
Well i think that my most achievable goal is to be an architect, cause that seems like a cool job and fun and i can also get lost of money and maybe even be famous from my achievements in the designing field. Now for the more obscure, which i probable won't ever do. First up we'll say about how it'd be cool to be a famous musician and/or actor just like Childish Gambino or Will Smith who are both awesome!!! cause i think that'd be fun. Second up is being an elite soldier in the SAS or something just because i have heaps of respect for them and i think it'd be cool to have that sort of respect (except that i don't want to kill people, so that's a bit of an issue and as such one of the main reasons why that wouldn't happen), but i think i will join the army reserves because you still get skills and training and it just seems pretty cool (ya'll should do it too). Next up is winning the Tour de France, just cause that seems fun. But if you try and do intense training on a bike, you realise that it's surprisingly very difficult to sustain their speed and power over the distance they travel in one day, let alone a whole month (and coupled with my leg issues, this seems unlikely). But i would really like to ride across australia on a push bike (we have a family friend/ relative, but not to me who did it and it just seems like it was a cool thing to do). I'd also really like to learn how to repair motorbikes and then buy one cheaply, restore it and then ride it from the bottom of asia to the tip of Scotland (or something massive like that) just cause that also seems awesome and the stories that i'd get from it would last a life time. I also want to set foot on every continent in the world. And also i wouldn't mind dabbling in the fashion industry, cause i like fly clothes. So i think that's pretty much everything.
And in relation to what i'd do with a million dollars, i'd buy a $100,000 car (it'd be so fly), spend like $25,000 on clothes, take my family on an awesome holiday for about $50,000, buy a $500,000-600,000 house and spend the rest renovating it and get into the renovating industry and make more money that way (if I could put some away, it'd put $100,000 away for uni and random other stuff/if i or anyone i know ever really needs money then it's there) and i'd spend the spare $25,000 on a motorbike.

So that's a pretty long post and all but that's what i think at the moment.
See ya

2 comments:

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

Technology and life is pretty dam awesome.

I think its times when I have super chill music playing in my ears and im going down a really pretty street or just walking through the city and like, the world is sooo dam beautiful and you dont even know ya kno?

Im not sure how that was relevant but thats how your post made me feel/think afterwards.

Lambert said...

yeah, i know. and that's kinda what i was tryna say, that we just let life pass us by, and we all need to look around at the beauty that surrounds us and be like "dayum, life is cool..." and just embrace life.