Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sweet Dreams are made of this

So, like today I was thinking.
It is so close to the end of school and I have a bit of a confession to make, I am actually kinda looking forward to the start of a new chapter and the end of this one.
Like first I guess, I haven't taken all the opportunities offered in school, and you know, I am not regretful for that. Yeah, I may not have gone into that event or the other, but I did try things a few times and you know that's enough for me.
I guess over high school I have had a lot of experiences, which has made me who I am today and coupled with some great ones, I have had some really horrific experiences at school, not so much at IGS but at St. Catherines and you know what, I know people say, school is one of the best parts of your life, but I would be so down if my entire life amounted to only what I had experienced in school. In fact, I would probably be disappointed with myself, if I was my happiest in school. I guess we can all put on the familiar memory goggles, and be like, "Yr 10 was so fun, weren't we awesome!" but you know, I actually haven't had the best school life, being highly emotional and sorta  a little bit of a wimp. And it's getting better and it will get even better as I continue on to bigger and better things. These experiences are in no way your fault, they were just how I experience life. And like I said on Saturday, I am actually really greatful you pay me out because you taught me how to take a joke (I'm still learning, you guys are like 6 yrs up on me), but you know, the learning of that was hard and I got emotional.
I have to say on the other hand, I will miss spending time with you all and seeing you everyday and stuffs, but I have to at least admit, I will be excited to meet new people and make new friends. I am not going to be all doom & gloom, the friendship ends on the 13/14th of December when we get our ATAR, but you know at uni, new friends will be made and since you all mostly want to go to USyd and I want to go to UNSW, it won't be the same.
I do say though, I am sick of being a school student. Uniforms stick out like a sore thumb and I really really cannot wait to be rid of the title. Because for me, it feels belittling, like I cannot do anything or think of anything to someone older. Essentially that I am immature and irresponsible. And you know sometimes I get sick of it and I enjoy when I am on the bus without my uniform and I don't have the label of a school student. I dunno maybe it's just me, but I am sick of being labelled a school kid as if that all I contribute to the world is loudness and a bad taste in music. I guess it is for me personally another step in the direction of maturity and having my own life, where I am not considered as a singular of a large unit but as a person, someone with their own unique experiences and their own space. (I actually dream about living alone sometimes (just for the quiet and sentimentality of the moment))
I guess what I am trying to say, is I have come to terms with the leaving, by god, I will probably cry a fricking river on the last day, but you know, I am kinda happy I am done with school.
But then you know I guess it is sad to admit, that school is ending but to be honest, to put it clicheed and sadly, If life is a book, then it is the ultimate page turner because you can never flick to the end, you just gotta live it and love it.
And you know that's kinda how I feel at the moment. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

5 comments:

Lambert said...

why does the friendship end? i mean, the group might not see each other as much as we do now, but we'll still all hang out (even if it is irregularly) after school. probably...

Brian said...

Actually, you end up seeing your high school friends still very regularly at uni.

Msgoldenweek said...

Remember, friendship is not determined by the time spent together.

Hoggle said...

I meant the friendship doesn't end, but it won't be everyday that we see each other I assume.

Lord of the Palmtrees said...

nart, we will cos in the future, we'll have video chat watches that erryone will have and i'll call you everyday. every. day.

ohohohohohohohohohoh