Monday, June 25, 2012

I'm in Munich

I arrived in Munich a few hours ago, it's like 6pm now. I got in at like 1:30.


Also, man Smaz or like anyone else; I know you want to learn some new languages over the next few years and stuff, so if you want to learn one of these outside Uni; I have 5 that I want to start learning before I am finished my degree in order to maximise my job opportunities in the Civil Engineering sector.
The 4/5 I want to learn are chosen to maximise my career experience so they may not sound like the most common chosen languages but knowing these 6/7 languages is like a massive help in the world of international business which is what I will be doing if I do Project Management work for an international company.
SO I already have English and almost fluent German, on top of these, I want to learn Arabic, Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese depending on , Hindi and then the 5th one, I am trying to chose between Japanese and French.

6 comments:

Șмž said...

haha awesome! languages are a really good way to get ahead but only in large-enough scale projects (ie international). but I heard somewhere once that speaking foreign languages really helps you get into things like that.

I also wanna learn a tonne of languages but idk which ones to pick or how to find time to learn them.
over university I'm gonna do italian*, spanish and chinese, but it was hard picking between chinese and japanese. I want to know both at some point, maybe, but then again japanese is like white-man's asian so idk. I already know italian at a conversational level and I'm getting pretty close to fluent as well but I want to keep it up a bit I guess

so basically:
I already have english and italian,
I'm gonna do italian, spanish and chinese in uni
on top of that I want to learn dutch/afrikaans, japanese, portugese, russian
plus I can already read and understand most of french, romanian and portugese

I guess I have a weird thing for the IE languages but whatever

Hoggle said...

I would like to know japanese eventually but I think particularly in terms of infrastructure, the chinese will have a more lucrative industry there.

Hoggle said...

I have done 8 years of french so that's like partially ok, if 1 if fuck all and 10 is fluent, I could pull off a 7 with a bit of work.

⚡ Ms Golden Week ⚡ said...

omg guys it would be so funny if like in 5 years we got together and had chinese conversations. like how funny would that be.

Lambert said...

That would be hirarious

Hoggle said...

I was just thinking, it would be fun to randomly change language, although I can do that now with some people...